It has been a phenomenal week.
We bludgeoned the aussies... Vishy is in a freakingly awesome form, having tricked kramnik through a queen pawn opening move that he rarely uses, and perfecting its nuances through various stages. ISRO made us proud by kickstarting the 2 year chandrayaan programme. This even got a prominent mention in one of obama's campaign speeches. Which was lapped up by mr.nair, even though it was kinda meant to be in a derogatory context.
Sure, there are homegrown idiots who deny the importance of such an achievement.
Commies don't want us racing with china. Most crankpots question the need to spend crores on what they feel is a non-practical space mission. See,this is just a scientific mission right? , is their argument.
STFU, is my counter argument.
I rest my case.
- Maharaja of Kashmir acceding to join India.
- Beatles were knighted.
- A kid got a heart transplant from a baboon.
- I can't believe that the Ghajini female, Asin Thottumkal is exactly one year older.
- small pox officially chucked out of the world..
- I don't have an entry in wiki yet, so can't quote it...some time soon..
- Seth Mcfarlane - The creator of Family guy [A long chain of stringed WTF's ] came into existence. This chap's only valid work of art is probably modelling peter griffin to look like royan...lol
- chandrayaan didn't launch on my b'day...sob sob.. Still, it'll reach some prominent orbit location, and I'll take solace with that.
- i'm typing this post on my cell phone hence can't research more.
But i assure you, its been a friendly day in history. And as an ardent smoker of the peace-pipe, i welcome that.