Saturday, June 07, 2008

Chetan Bhagat - The three mistakes of my life.

chetan Bhagat
presents............
The three mistakes of my life.......

  • chetan Bhagat



  • chetan Bhagat





  • chetan Bhagat



This is the primary reason why people don't approach me for book-reviews.....

Anways, jokes apart. The reason his first book was good[ again, my opinion, shoot me], was because it was a novel attempt[ nah. no puns]. And primarily because, I'm an engineer and this book was about IIT. After that, friends, the charm has faded away.

I haven't read the third book yet. Ah, A lying,nasty, cynical,hypocrite you say.
No. What prompted me to put this up, was some lame comments on a 'genuine' review page.

  • just loved it.......i hav only read three novels in my life...n they r all by chetan bhagat... I sincerely hope that this guy is joking. Or is this Chetan Bhagat himself?
  • hi chetan i must say u always rokzzzzzzzzz n plz nxt time try to write something new not the same scripts yar waise i must say u r great. No Comments

  • i must say its a rocking come back chetan uncle i am a big fan of your i read your five point someone ,than a night at call center........ but i must say that you are a perfect writer.... i am plnnin to take your book "three mistakes of my life" so how has been your experience for been the best seller for 70 weeks ?????? it must be fellin great ????? Chetan Uncle? Wtf. You btter be plnnin hard. I'm fellin awesome btw.

  • being a die hard fan of chetan..i can say dat dis book jus rockz...but a little less dan his previous books...its worth reading once..some ppl commented dat they can write better books dan this every week..dude..if u could have done dat..then u wud nt b here postin reviews for smeone else books....is dat clear??? Yes Sir. All- Clear. The job of a critic down the drain.
Ok. I thought I'd be unbiased and put some comments that actually dissected the book for what its worth. Some of them were too shallow, and most of them involved obscenities. Hence I present you the link.

What I didn't like honestly was his division of reader-mentality on his blog.
  • Core Readers - hardcore fans who will read all CB books
  • Fringe Readers- My fringe readers are those who do not like my books, but read them anyway. They are “I’ve read all 3 books , all are crap” variety.
[ Sir, I thought your 1st book was good. and 2nd was bull-crap. I haven't read the third one yet, Do I qualify?]

  • Critics - "the reviews were not as bad as I expected. Maybe they liked the book, or maybe they had a change of taste or maybe they realized that a few million, English speaking, educated Indians can’t be wrong."
Mr. Bhagat- Sir, witnessing the exquisite linguistic skills of your elite fan-base. I wouldn't take that opinion for granted.
And he continues criticizing the critics....
  • "but if you call yourself a critic or an expert, you must offer some original, analytical insight about the work - good or bad, to justify your job. Summarizing the plot and repeating past interviews is not that. Anyway, less slamming this time, so I am happy. Thank you guys."
The problem is the moment you end up slamming him, you're automatically promoted to the 2nd set of readers. What do we do?

Anyway. Go ahead. Read his book. He's after all the "biggest-selling English-Language novelist in India's History".


P.S: Chetan Bhagat rokzzzzzzzzzzzz.....


No comments:

Post a Comment