Monday, August 27, 2007

Rakhi, A beautiful concept, and an idiot's first name

One of the most apt Indian festivals, is the Raksha Bandhan. Affection, Respect, Responsibility all rolled into one.
Due to "a series of unfortunate incidents", I was miserably broke last week. With barely enough money just to go back home, I didn't have the capability or courtesy to get the usual gifts , which would be Mr.Cadbury's and a Gandhi-100+ .
So after the ceremonial proceedings, I chose to give my sis a token amount of Rs.10, with assurances of goodies later.[ I don't ask money from my parents for this, in case u were wondering,senseless ethics at arbit times is one of my key virtues]
Guess what my sis tells me... " atleast give me something more than the price of the rakhi"...
Oh the pretty angel has learnt economics now.... How enchanting.....I'm stunned...A wisecrack , utterly humiliating though it was... still made me realise that how pathetic I was...
Boasting of a 4.5 Lakhs p.a job, getting good money for my internship, n not a penny in hand...I blame nothing but my rotten luck.....
Oh , frowning fortune, You cursed fickle dame.......

P.S:- Rakhi Sawant= Patheticus Maximus........

Comments:-

No comments:

Post a Comment